Divided Draft And Combined Draft
A divided draft and a combined draft are two important drafting systems in drafting a plan for textile manufacturing technology. These two drafting system is not so used as straight, skip, point, broken, grouped, or curved draft. Here, I have given the features of the divided and combined drafts.
Features of Divided Draft:
The features of the divided draft are given below:
- Shafts are divided into two or more groups.
- A suitable type of draft is chosen for each group.
- Divided drafts are employed for Divided weaves, Double warp weaves, Two-Ply weaves, Pile weaves, and some others.
Features of Combined Draft:
The combined draft has some characteristics, which are given below.
- When two or more drafts are combined into one draft for producing a certain type of fabric, then it is known as a Combined Draft.
- The combined draft is a complicated draft.
- It can be chosen if there are some technological or economical reasons.
- For doing this design a designer should have great knowledge about the drafting plan.
That’s all about the characteristics of grouped draft and combined draft.