Fusible and non-fuse interlinings are the two types of interlinings which are used as the trimmings. It is a sewing auxiliary. Interlinings are used between two layers of fabrics. Interlinings are used in pant or shirt or other apparels by applying heat and pressure or by the sewing process.
Preparation Techniques of Fusible and Non-Fuse Interlinings: The preparation techniques of fusible and non-fuse interlinings are given below.
Fusible Interlinings: Fusible interlinings are used between two layers of fabrics by applying certain heat and pressure. So, it is important to know the preparation techniques of fusible interlinings. Fusible interlinings are prepared as the follow.
- Base Fabric: A base fabric is needed for the preparation of interlinings. Generally woven, knitted or non-woven fabrics are used as the base fabric. Most of the cases, woven fabrics are used as the base material.
- Resin Coating: Resin coating is done on the base fabric. This resin is a synthetic polymer.
- Drying: After applying of resign on the fabric, heat is applied on the fabric. After drying, we will get fusible interlinings.
Non-Fuse Interlinings: Non-fuse interlining used between two layers of fabrics directly by sewing process. In this case, heat or pressure is not essential. This non-fuse interlining is used for special types of fabric. The preparation techniques of non-fuse interlining are given below.
- Base Fabric: In non fuse interlining; woven, knitted or non woven fabrics are used as base fabric.
- Adhesives Apply: Starch materials are used as the adhesive. This starchy material applied on the base fabric.
- Drying: After applying of adhesives on the base material, drying is done for fixing the adhesives on the base fabric. After drying, we will get a complete non-fuse interlining.
So, when you will make interlining for the apparel, you have to be sure about the properties of interlining. In garment industry; the use of fusible interlining is higher than non-fuse interlining.