Dryer is the third steps of finishing process of knit fabric. After passing hydro-extractor and de-watering machine, the knit fabrics enter into the dryer. It is important to know about the efficiency of the dryer and production capacity. I have written about dyed yarn drying process in one of my blog.
Functions of Dryer: Various types of functions are achieved by the dryer. Following functions are most common.
- To dry the fabric.
- To control the overfeed system.
- To control the vibration which increase the G.S.M.
- To control the shrinkage% of the fabric.
- To control the GSM of the fabric.
- To match the shade of the fabric.
- To adjust the tone of the fabric.
Dryer: Various types of dryer are used for dry the knit fabric. I have present two dryer profiles for getting general idea about the fabric dryer.
|Speed||4-30 m /min|
|Temperature range||100-180 C|
|No of chamber||3|
|No of blower||6|
|Production capacity applied for||Open and tube fabric|
|No of rotamatic burner||2|
|Speed range||4-30 m/min|
|Used utilities||Electricity, Gas ,Compressed air|
|No of motor||8|
|Capacity||8 ton per day|
|Applied for||Open and tube|
|No of rotamatic burner||3|
Checking Parameters: During drying of the fabric, various types of quality test are carried out to be confirming out the requirements of the delivery products. Dried knit sample is stored for future proof. Following parameters are checked in drying section.
- Shade Check: After drying of the fabric, dried sample shade is checked with customer approved swatch. If any deviation is found then the operator informs his shift officer, who takes necessary steps to overcome the problem. In dryer, shade of the fabric is adjusted by changing the machine parameter depending on the shade type. Experienced personnel are required for doing this shade checking.
- Width Check: Width of the fabric adjusts in drying process. Operator measures fabric width by using measuring tape and compare with required width.
- Weight Check: Weight of the fabric is checked by cutting the fabric by GSM cutter and weighted it by electronic balance. After taking the weight of the fabric, it compare with the standard weight.
- Fabric Faults: Various types of knitting and dyeing faults are checked after drying.
So, dryer plays an important role in finishing section.