Bound seam is one of the important seam types. When fabric cutting is done, its edge becomes rough and it is required to remove rough surface. Bound seam is used for decorative edge binding of apparel. Different sewing machines are used for bound seam.
Properties OF Bound Seam: The properties of bound seam are given below.
- It constructed a decorative edge binding.
- Seam is constructed with a minimum of two fabrics.
- One fabric end is bounded by other fabric.
- It is used in underwear, dresses, children’s shorts etc.
That’s all about bound seam.
Edge neatening seam is classified as class 6 according to the British standard 3870; 1991. It is one of the important seam types for apparel manufacturing. Generally it is used for lock stitch type sewing machine. It is used in the edge of the fabric.
Features of Edge Neatening Seam: The features of edge neatening seam are given below.
So, it has a limited using area. This seam makes the apparel looking good. The appearance of the seam type could be changed by using various types of colored sewing thread. It makes the fabric attractive to look.
Applied seam is one of the important seam types for apparel manufacturing. According to British standard 3870;1991, applied seam is classified as class 7.
Properties of Applied Seam: The properties of applied seam are given below.
- Applied seam is mainly used to apply decorative materials to an edge or seam, such as lace edging.
- It is used for decorative purpose.
So, that’s all about applied seam.