In garments making; different types of modern equipment are added to ensure the quality of the products. Day by day; man wants to design their pattern by the modern system. For this man introduced CAD and Digitizing system for making the pattern design. This system also decreases the rate of defects in garments.
Principles of CAD or Digitized System Of Pattern Making
Design can be created in two ways:
- Directly by CAD
- By Digitizing System
Computer-Aided Design (CAD):
Computer-Aided Design (CAD) is the most used system for design. CAD involves with following tools:
1. Special Software:
Different types of CAD software manufacturing companies develop different types of software. The following software is the most common.
- LECTRA System by France
- Tuka by Japan
- Investronica by Spain
- Garver Garment Technology by USA
3. Freehand design
Principles of CAD:
The principles of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) are given below:
- The pattern maker manipulates small graphic patterns on the computer screen with a “hand held control device”.
- Geometry drivers can make an infinite number of changes to the shapes and size of the pattern.
- Then creating new design lines or adding “PLEATS” and seam allowances.
Principles of Digitizing System:
The digitizing system runs in the following way.
- At first the basic pattern (M-size) must be digitized.
- A sensitized table with a mouse is attached to the computer.
- The mouse picks-up the lines of patterns on the table.
- Displayed or shows them on the screen and modified it at any time.
- Thus, the whole shape can be adjusted.
So, it is important to know the operating system of CAD or Digitized system. Fabric cutting also operates by this. It is to inform you that I have written another blog about CCMS which is important for color matching. If anyone can operate this system properly I am sure he/she will be in demand. So, choose your favorite one for your purpose.