Lockstitch is the mostly used stitch type in apparel manufacturing. Lockstitch has a neat appearance. It is a reversible, strong and secure stitch type. It is also used for decorative purpose. In sewing, lockstitch plays an important role.
Members Of The Lockstitch Family: Class 300: Lockstitch can be classified as the following way. They are –
- Type 301: Lockstitch
- Type 304: Lockstitch (Single Zig Zag)
- Type 308: Lockstitch (Double Step Zig Zag)
- Type 309: Lockstitch (2 Needle-1 Bobbin Thread Lockstitch)
Applications Of Lockstitch Type: Lockstitch sewing machine is used for forming lockstitch. The applications of lockstitch type are given below.
- Lockstitch Type 304 and Type 308 are specially used for BRA (Underwear).
- Lockstitch Type 302 is used to produce all kinds of apparel; it is a universal stitch type. In most of the cases this stitch type is used.
- Lockstitch Type 309 is used for decorative purpose.
Various types of sewing machines are used for forming entire lockstitch type. So, buy your desired sewing machine to produce specific stitch.