Flat bed heat press machine is used for discontinuous method of fusing. It is comparatively suitable than electric iron. It is a handy machine which consist Handle, Head and Buck. Here, Head is moveable and Buck is fixed. I have written about the working principles of flat bed heat press machine in below.
Working Procedures of Flat Bed Press Machine: The working procedures of flat bed machine are given below.
- At first, fabric parts placed on the Buck.
- After that, fusible interlining placed on to the apparel parts.
- Then, Head Keeps on the Buck by Handle.
- Time and temperatures are selected for specific type of fusible interlining.
- Then, it needs to switch on the machine.
- After passing certain time, it will be fused.
- At last, we will get a fused fabric with fusible interlining.
During pressing, it is important to maintain a specific time, temperature and pressure because it determines the proper fusing. In a flat bed press machine; time, temperature and pressure are nearly fully controlled.
The advantage of flat bed press machine is that, it is suitable for small scale industry. But it is not suitable for bulk production because it is a discontinuous process of fusing. It is not suitable for apparel industry.