Kaizen events are involved with the entire person involved with the process. It is the cycle work which is involved with the owner to worker of the industry. Any action whose output is intended to be an improvement to an existing process is called kaizen events.
Kaizen drives the improvements which lead to a leaner business operating system.
Current State → Kaizen → Future State (Lean)
Followings tools referred kaizen events. They are-
- Kaizen event gathers operators, managers, and owners of a process in one place
- In most of cases, development flowchart is used for maps the existing process.
- It improves the existing process.
- It solicits buy-in from all parties related to the process.
Six sigma is used for evaluate the performance of a products. Kaizen events are extremely useful for get quick improvement of a process with a low sigma score. It is also useful for convincing organizations new to Six Sigma of the methodology’s value.
The main goal of kaizen event is to hold small events attended by the owners and operators of a process to make improvements to that process which are within the scope of the process participants.
What Is Kaizen Events?
Kaizen activities that address issues over a period of one week had become the industry norm and they had been named as ‘Kaizen events’. These small models are used to understand problems and issues in the business processes, arrive at solutions, and apply them to improve the processes and eliminate wastes.
- Assess/Reassess: Assess is the first steps of kaizen events. Assessing is done for planning and designs the process. Sometimes, reassessing is done.
- Plan and Design: After assessing, planning and designing is done by measuring the capability of the industry.
- Implement: Implement is the main task of an organization. This implement is done from the owner to worker or operator.
- Evaluate: After complete the process, it needs to evaluate the full process. After evaluation, if any faults found in the process, then it needs to remove.
So, implement kaizen in your organization and take advantage of the process.