Textile sector becomes modern for the requirement of present world. In the beginning of textile product manufacturing, man wants to make fabrics which are required to be civilized. In that’s time the aesthetic and decorative characteristics was the main requirement of cloth manufacturing but day by day the demand of mans changed due to present requirement. In the modern times, man wants to get that’s type of fabrics which has technical and functional properties with its decorative and aesthetic properties.
The term of technical textile is the modern concept in textile industry. Technical textile also defined as the follow.
- Industrial Textiles
- Hi-Tech Textiles
- Functional Textiles
- Performance Textiles
- Engineering Textiles
- Invisible Textiles
Anyhow, technical textile is the consumer driven product which is produced for fulfill the specific requirement.
Now, I like to present a comparison between conventional and technical textile based on the functions of both. The comparison between conventional and technical textiles is given below.
Functions of Technical Textiles:
- The main function is mechanical function like mechanical resistance, reinforcement, elasticity.
- Exchange function like insulation, filtration, and conductivity.
- Functionalities for living like anti dust, biocompatibility.
- Protective functions like fire resistance, thermal resistance, chemical or breathable etc.
Functions of Conventional Textiles:
- The main function of conventional textile or clothing is to protect our body from surrounding.
- It also use for showing the wealth and status.
- Conventional textile also use for psychological comfort and modesty.
- It is used for cover the shame which was the primary reason for making textile product.
From the above comparison we see that, conventional textile is the primary requirement of man but technical or hi tech textile is the requirement for satisfy the specific functions.
In the modern times, technical textile industry is growing fast in the world.