Types of Shuttle Loom: Shuttle loom is divided into three types. They are-
- Hand loom
- Power loom (Non-automatic)
- Automatic weaving machine
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shuttle Loom: There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom. Here, I have listed the most common advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom.
Advantages of shuttle loom: Advantages of shuttle loom are given below.
- Shuttle loom is more economical than shuttle less loom.
- It is suitable for low scale production types industry.
- Easy to operate.
- Spare parts are available in the market.
Disadvantages of shuttle loom: Disadvantages of shuttle loom are given below:
- Shuttle loom causes more noise in the working field.
- Shuttle cause abrasion on warp yarn which increase the wastage percentage.
- Warp breaks increases for the shuttle.
- The production rate of shuttle loom is slower than shuttle less loom.
- Sometimes, shuttle flies from the shed and can cause accident.
- High labor cost.
- The value of fabric lost because of shuttle movement.
- Efficiency of shuttle loom is less than shuttle less loom.
- It increases physical and mental pressure on labor.
So, there are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle loom.