Shuttle less loom is the modern loom. It is used to produce high fashionable fabrics with high production rate. In the modern times, the uses of shuttle less loom are increased rapidly. Shuttle less loom has specific characteristics and applications method. The shuttle less loom has different picking method.
Types of Shuttle less Loom: Shuttle less loom is divided into three types. They are-
- Projectile loom
- Rapier loom
- Jet loom: Water jet loom and Air jet loom
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shuttle less Loom: There are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom. Here, I have listed the most common advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom.
Advantages of shuttle less loom: Advantages of shuttle less loom are given below.
- Weaving production is high due to high speed of the machine.
- It reduces the labor cost due to higher allocation of loom and productivity.
- It facilities defect free cloth during weaving.
- Shuttle less loom creates less noise.
- Pirn winding process is eliminated in shuttle less loom.
- It keeps better fabric value.
- It needs low consumption of stores and spares.
- It is easy to market trades.
- Its flanges are bigger and can accommodate 3 times and lesser wastage.
- Accident percentage is low.
- Easy maintenance and less work load for workers.
- Used for high scale production.
- Efficiency of shuttle less is higher than shuttle loom.
Disadvantages of shuttle less loom: Disadvantages of shuttle less loom are given below:
- The price of shuttle less loom is higher than shuttle loom.
So, there are lots of advantages and disadvantages of shuttle less loom.