Warping machine is a simplest machine. Its have different components and they have own functions which is required to know for better operation. Warping machine components are mainly divided into two types; they are
Now I like to give a short description about creel and head stock parts and their functions.
Components of creel and their functions:
- Yarn cleaner: Different yarn faults like slubs, neps are removed.
- Stop device: This device help to stop the machine when yarns are broken.
- Indicator: To indicate yarn breakage in the package.
- Tensioner: To keep the yarn in a uniform tension.
- Yarn guide: It helps the yarn to pass in a specific way.
- Flanged bobbin or cone or cheese base and stand: To hold the yarn package.
- Blower or suction fan: To remove durt and dust from the yarn.
Components of head stock and their functions:
- Adjustable or Variable V-Wrath: Warp beam weigth is controlled by this device.
- Measuring and Marking device: It measures the amount of warp yarn on the beam and marks the yarn for definite use.
- Yarn speed controlling device: To control the speed of yarn provided with a meter.
- Pneumatic or Hydraulic pressure unit: Too press the warp beam with the surface contact of driving drum.
- Break assembly: It stops the machine instantly in case of yarn breakage.
- Driving drum: Driving drum control the beams and placed in contact.
- Stop motion: When required length is wound on beam then it used to stop the machine.
- Building device: To control space between driving drum and beam while dyeing or sizing.
- Beam bracket: It used to give support and hold the beam.
- Lease rod: It is used for separation of individually.
It is mentioned that creel is divided into single end and multiple package creel. Magazine creel and travelling creel is called multiple package creels. On the othehand, head stock is divided into fixed head stock and travelling head stock.
So, there are lots of component of warping machine. When one of the components fallen in faults then provide one which have enough quality to give better service.
Warping is important for weaving process. Warping process are mainly two types they are as follow:
- Sectional warping or pattern warping.
- High speed warping or beam warping or direct warping.
This two process have lots of features. It is important to know the advantages and disadvantages of two types. If we have idea about the difference between sectional warping and direct warping then it will be very easy to choose the easiest one for the application. For this reason I like to present the comparison between sectional warping and high speed warping.
Difference between sectional warping and high speed warping:
|High Speed Warping
|To produce common fabric in large quantities (grey fabric).
||To produce stripped fabric.
|Production speed is high.
||Lower production speed.
|To produce warp beam from large amount of warp yarn.
||To produce warp beam from small amount of warp yarn.
|Creel capacity is high.
||Lower creel capacity.
|Weavers beam is produced after sizing.
||Weavers beam can be found immediately after sectional warping.
|Higher length of warp sheet is produced.
||Lower length of warp sheet is produced.
|Cone or cheese bobbin is used.
||Flanged bobbin is used.
|Single yarn is used.
||Fly or twisted yarn is used.
|One stage is involved.
||Two stages are involved.
|High speed is less expensive than sectional warping.
||Sectional warping is expensive.
|Uniform tension of yarn is obtained.
||Uniform tension of each yarn can not be maintained.
|Cotton, linen, worsted and woolen yarns are processed by this process.
||Mostly used for processed silk and man-made fibers.
|High speed warping is more popular and widely used than sectional warping.
||Comparatively less used process.
Warping is the first step of fabric manufacturing process. After winding, warping process is done for making a weavers beam. Weavers beam is produced from a set of yarns of same yarn count or different. In most of the cases we see that different yarn count is used for making sacking fabrics in jute mills. But most of the fabrics are produced from same yarn count. It is noted that all requirements are depends on the fabric structure. Production of Weavers beams depending on the fabric structure. Fabric structure plays an important role in fabric manufacturing process.
In textile language; warping is defined as the parallel winding of yarn from cone or cheese package on to a warp beam. It is needed to confirm that warp beam is make from good warp yarn otherwise weaving performance will be hampered. So it needs to require to provide a good warp beam. Faulty weavers beam is one of the causes of wastage in weaving section.
Objects of warping: Followings are the most common objects of warping:
- To wound up fixed length of yarn on to a warp beam.
- To increase the weavability of yarn.
- To increase the quality of yarn.
- To make re-useable small package.
- To make convenient yarn sheet for next sizing process.
- To increase the production.
- To make dynamic next process.
Importance of warping: Warping process plays an important role in fabric manufacturing. Followings are the most common importance of warping.
- Warp beam are constructed by warping.
- Parallel yarn sheets are constructed by this process.
- Predetermined yarns are wound from the yarn package.
- Small packages are combined by this process.
- Long length of warp yarns is found in this process.
- Various yarn faults like thick and thin place, larger knots are modified by this process.
- Small packages become re-useable by this process.
- Warping accelerates the next sizing process.
So, warping is important for accelerating the next sizing process.