Over edge chain stitch is referred to as “over locking” and as the name implies. Neatening continuous seaming application is formed by this type of over edge chain stitch. It is widely used when at least one or more threads are passed around the fabric edge. They are generally used to seam and neaten the cut edge of the fabric plies. The thread is supplied from large cone for this reason it is possible to produce long stitch. For this reason production is high in this sewing operation.
Important Members Of The Over Edge Chain Stitch: Class 500: Followings are the important members of over edge chain stitch.
- Type 501: Single thread over edge.
- Type 503: 2 threads over edge.
- Type 504: 3 threads over edge.
- Type 512: 4 threads over edge.
Application Of Over Edge Chain Stitch: Over edge chain stitch is commonly used for sew knit wear fabrics. Where seam extensibility is required in stretch materials, in that’s case this type of stitching is useful.
- Over edge chain stitch is used for joining and neatening the edges of cut and sews knitwear.
- It is used for stitching underwear’s, sportswear, Lycra cycle, ski wear as well as dance wear garment products.
- T-shirt, polo shirts, tights, children’s wear also stitched by this stitching type.
- Sometimes it is used for decorative purpose.
Over edge chain stitch machine is used for stitching. Mainly this type of stitch gives a secure and durable stitch in the edge of the cut plies. It also gives smooth feelings in the edge of the garment.
Lockstitch is the mostly used stitch type in apparel manufacturing. Lockstitch has a neat appearance. It is a reversible, strong and secure stitch type. It is also used for decorative purpose. In sewing, lockstitch plays an important role.
Members Of The Lockstitch Family: Class 300: Lockstitch can be classified as the following way. They are –
- Type 301: Lockstitch
- Type 304: Lockstitch (Single Zig Zag)
- Type 308: Lockstitch (Double Step Zig Zag)
- Type 309: Lockstitch (2 Needle-1 Bobbin Thread Lockstitch)
Applications Of Lockstitch Type: Lockstitch sewing machine is used for forming lockstitch. The applications of lockstitch type are given below.
- Lockstitch Type 304 and Type 308 are specially used for BRA (Underwear).
- Lockstitch Type 302 is used to produce all kinds of apparel; it is a universal stitch type. In most of the cases this stitch type is used.
- Lockstitch Type 309 is used for decorative purpose.
Various types of sewing machines are used for forming entire lockstitch type. So, buy your desired sewing machine to produce specific stitch.
Covering chain stitch is special types of stitch. It is widely used for sew coushion cover. According to the British standard 3870 and ISO 4915:1991, covering chain stitch is classified as class 600. Flat lock sewing machine is used for formation of covering chain stitch.
Features of Covering Chain Stitch: The features of covering chain stitch are given below.
- Covering chain stitch is formed from three thread system.
- The cover thread lie on the top surface and are held by the needle threads and looper threads.
- It is especially used for making flat, extensible seams in knitted fabrics.
Uses of Covering Chain Stitch: The uses of covering chain stitch are given below.
- It is used for the edge covering of cushions.
- Covering chain stitch is used for sleeve hemp and bottom hemp.
- It is also used for decorative purposes.
So, covering chain stitch has a great importance in garment sewing.