Marker making is the important one for apparel manufacturing. The selection of marker for specific fabric is important one.
Points Need To Be Considered Before Marker Making: Following points are required to consider before marker making. They are –
- Selection of marker width in relation to fabric width. i.e. Fabric width = 45’’, Marker width = 44’’, 0.5 to 1 inch minus from fabric width.
- Select number of pattern pieces should be in the marker. i.e. 1, 2, 3 or more garment.
- Selection of pattern set. i.e. 1, 2 or more set.
- Selection of grain direction or line.
- Selection of fabric characteristics.
Above points are the most important for marker making. If the selection of items for marker is perfect then marker efficiency will be high.
Marker making is the next steps of pattern grading. After pattern grading, pattern of different parts of apparel is placed on the marker. That’s marker is placed on the fabric which will be cut for sewing.
Marker is a large thin paper which contents the required pattern pieces of various sizes for a particular style of apparel. This marker making is an important task because it determines the efficiency of a marker.
Objectives of Marker Making: Various objectives are gained by maker making. Followings are the objectives of marker making.
- Similarities among the apparels are gained by the marker making.
- Marker is essential for huge quantity cutting. It is used as the cutting guide of fabrics.
- Fabric wastages are minimized by using marker.
- It saves time and cost.
Efficiency of Marker: It is the ratio between the area covered by pattern pieces and the total area of marker paper. It is expressed by %.
Marker Efficiency (ME)
: (Area covered by pattern pieces / Total area of marker paper) X 100
: (90 / 100) X 100
This is a sample calculation; you can calculate maker efficiency by this method.