Management is the modern techniques for getting quality in the rules of the employees of the organization. Father of the Modern Management is Henri Fayol. Getting things done through others people- working together in group in an efficient manner is called management.
Characteristics of Manager: All are we manager here generally, who manages something, he is a manager. All managers are officers. If we describe OFFICER shortly, we shall know about the characteristics of a manager. They are-
O = Obedient
F = Faithful
F = Friendly
I = Industrious
C = Confident, courageous & conscious.
E = Efficient
R = Responsible & Respectable
We are discussing on quality Manager. To be a quality manager we should follow Advance Management policy. And it is related with PODCC. PODCC means as follow:
P = Planning
O = Organizing
D = Directing
C = Coordinating
C = Controlling
Planning: Planning must be SMART. A manager should plan his work in a manner which is easy to reach the goal. The planner should give the answer of the question which is started by What, How, When, Why. Now we should know the meaning of SMART. They are-
S = Specific
M = Measurable
A = Achievable
R = Realistic
T = Time Bound
For Smart Planning we should follow/evaluate SWOT.
S = Strength
W = Weakness
O = Opportunity
T = Threat
Organizing: Manager will organize all the materials for achieve the goal.
Directing: Manager will direct for work frame. He is Influencing (checking & re-plan). He always motivates for success.
Coordinating: Manager drives for revised plan.
Controlling: Manager should have control all over the process. He should maintain co ordination through the entire department related with the production process. Manager will analyze the present situation and evaluation & plan for further process.
So, manager is the important part of management. A quality manager can give good results for an industry.
Human resource (HR) is an important department in an organization, especially for a production related industry where workers are involved. Human resource is responsible to ensure the rights of an officer and worker in an industry. The goodwill of an industry depends on the performance of human resource department. Compliance of an industry is controlled by human resource department. A HR manager is responsible for HR department. HR manager should have enough knowledge about human resource management.
Polices Of Human Resource Department in an Industry: In an industry, human resource department plays an important roll to make polices. Following policies are applied in an industry to manage the human resource.
- Company philosophy: Company philosophy is appearing by the human resource department. HR publishes the company philosophy toward the public. By this one can get general knowledge about the company.
- Work schedules: HR fixed the work schedules for the stuff and workers who involved with the company.
- Employment procedures: HR also makes procedures for the employment.
- Dress code policies: HR department ensures the dress code. Specific work related stuff and workers will wear specific dress during working period.
- Attendance and leave policies: Attendance and leave policies are maintained by the human resource department.
- Pay and compensation policies: HR publishes pay and compensation policies for its officers, stuff and workers.
- Insurance programs for employees: HR ensures insurance policies for its employees.
- Employee benefits policies: HR also gives employee benefits policies.
- Vacation policies: Vacation is maintained by the HR department.
- Work policies and regulations: In a company, officers, stuff and workers follow the work policies and regulations which are maintained by the HR department. HR can take action against the human resource if he or she breaks the rules and regulations.
- Safety policies: It is the great responsibility of a company owner to ensure the safety of a worker. HR department should strictly maintained safety policies.
- Drug free work place: Drug is harm full for the human body. HR department is responsible to ensure drug free work place for the workers.
- Transportation and expenses policies: HR should make policies for the employee for transportation and expenses.
There are lots of policies which should ensure a HR department in a company.