Pressing or ironing is one of the most important tasks in finishing section. It is done for giving final finishing appearance to the apparel. After that, apparels are ready for packing.
Pressing or Ironing In Finishing Section: Various types of operations are done in finishing section. Pressing is done by the following way.
- Pressing means shaping the apparels.
- Pressing is affected by the application of heat and pressure for certain time.
- Steam, compressed air and suction can assist the process.
- The setting effect is fixed by cooling.
Pressing Operations: Pressing operations are two types. They are –
- Under Pressing: Operating performed on apparels parts during making up.
- Top/Final Pressing: Final pressing operations are done on the fully assembled apparels.
So, pressing plays an important role in apparel manufacturing.
Packing is one of the most important parts of apparel manufacturing process. After completing the entire manufacturing task, apparel is required to pack. In finishing section, packing is the last steps before storing. Various types of packing are done and it depends on the type of apparel. After packing, it placed in carton as per instruction. After cartooning, carton is stored in store section. Then carton is delivered from the store for export.
Types of Packing in Finishing Section: Different types of packing are done in finishing section. Followings are the most used packing types.
- Stand up pack : Shirt (900 angle)
- Flat pack : Sportswear/ shirt/ trouser
- Hanger pack : Blazer, coats, pants etc
- Semi stand up pack : Shirt
- Half fold pack : Pant
Types of Carton Packing: After packing, cartooning is done according to apparel size and color. Most used packing types are given below.
- Solid color solid size pack
- Solid color assorted size pack
- Assorted color solid size pack
- Assorted color assorted size pack
Carton pack may be varying according to the buyer’s requirement. Carton pack may be as –
- 12 pcs / carton
- 24 pcs / carton
- 36 pcs / pack
So, in finishing section, finishing in-charge should be careful during the packing and cartooning task.