Fabric spreading process is a part of apparel manufacturing. This fabric spreading is done by manually or mechanically. In manual method; fabric spreading is done fully by hand or with the help of track.
Principles of Manual Fabric Spreading Method: Manual spreading is done by the following way.
Tools: Following tools are used for manual fabric spreading. They are-
- Fabric Roll
- Roll Stand
- Manual Track (if needed)
- The fabric is pulled carefully from the fabric roll by hand.
- Then, fabric is spread and cut to the appropriate length.
- Then, process is continued as per requirement.
- Mechanical devices (track) can be provided to facilitate un-rolling and spreading operation, but the correct alignment of plies is controlled by human operation.
So, when you will spread fabric, you should follow the above rules of manual fabric spreading.
Fabric spreading is the process of laying fabrics one over one on the fabric spreading table. Different yarn, knitting, woven, dyeing or finishing faults are appeared on the fabrics. During spreading; spreader should identify the faults.
Common Fabric Faults found In Fabric Spreading: Following fabric faults are found during fabric spreading. They are-
- Slub: Slub is a yarn fault. It is occurred due to wrong spinning process. But sometimes, slub yarn is used for fabric making that is not the fabric faults that is fashion. In that case, slub is found after a defined interval.
- Fly Yarn: Fly yarn is that which is found with the main yarn. It is a knitting or woven fault. So, fabric manufacturing floor should keep clean.
- End Out: It is a weaving fault. It is occurred in weft yarn.
- Double yarn or Mixed Yarn: It is a weaving fault and it is occurred in the warp yarn direction.
- Miss Pick: Due to missing of the weft yarn in the fabric a gap is create in the fabric. It is a weaving fault.
- Shading: Shade variation is a major problem of fabric. It is a dyeing fault. In a fabric layer, shade should be uniform.
- Spots: Sometimes dye spot found in the dyed fabric. It is a dyeing fault.
- Stains: During carrying of fabric from one place to another place a problem could be found in the fabric that is stains. It is cause due to soil mark.
- Crease Mark: Crease mark is a finishing fault.
- Holes: It is a knitting fault.
So, when a fault is found in the fabric spreading, the spreader of fabric should mark the faults. Otherwise, fault of the fabric could be the cause of garment rejection. So, be careful about the fabric faults.
Fabric spreding is the part of apparel manufacturing process. Fabric spreading is done after marker making. Spreading of fabric can be defined as the smooth laying out of the fabric of specific length and width. The marker is laid on the top most layer of the fabric. Cutting operation is done after completing fabric spreading. Cutting performance depends on fabric spreading.
Requirements Of Fabric Spreading: Followings are the requirements of fabric spreading. They are-
- Alignment of Plies: During spreading, all plies must be spread according to the marker dimension ( length and width wise).
- Correct Ply Tension: During spreading, plies must be spread at uniform tension.
- Correct Ply Direction: During spreading, all plies must be spread at same direction and from one end of the table.
- Fabric must be flat: During spreading, all plies must be spread in flat form. That is, fabric must be fold free or wrinkle free.
- Elimination of Static Electricity: During spreading, synthetic fabrics earthing arrangement required in the fabric table to avoid static electricity.
- Elimination of Fusion of Plies: During spreading, synthetic fabrics need to be spread anti – fusion paper between the plies ( normally for every 30 – 40 plies need one anti fusion paper), to reduce the fusion between fabrics and knives.
- Elimination of Distortion of Plies: For fabric spreading, table surface should be flat or laminated.
- Check and Stripe must be matched: During spreading check and stripe fabrics, stripe line or checked line should be kept at uniform distance from one end of fabric.
So, when you will perform this fabric spreading job, you have to be aware about the above fabric spreading points.