Sewing machine is used for forming stitching. Various types of sewing machines are used for making complete shirts. Each sewing machine is used for specific purpose. So, it is important to know the specific application scope of a sewing machine.
List Of Sewing Machines Used In Basic Shirt Manufacturing: Following sewing machines are used for basic shirt manufacturing. They are as –
- Lock Stitch Sewing Machine: This machine is used for collar, collar bend, pocket, bottom hem, sleeve hem, yoke, front placket and cuff stitching.
- Button Hole Sewing Machine: This machine is used for stitching of left front placket of gent’s shirt and left front placket of ladies shirt.
- Button Sewing Machine: This machine is used for stitching right front placket of gent’s shirt and left front placket of ladies shirt.
- Over Lock Sewing Machine: Over lock sewing machine is used for stitching side seam and arm hole of shorts.
- Two Needle Machine: This machine is used for decorative purposes.
- Kansai Special machine: This machine is used for front placket of shirts.
So, above machines are used for manufacturing a basic shirt.
Pockets are the basic part of a shirt. In the modern times, we see that, some shirts has pocket and some has no pocket. It is the present demand. Pocket is used for bearing some light and essential things. Pocket is attached with the left front part or right front part of the shirt by the stitching process.
Types of Shirt Pocket: Shirt pockets are the following types.
- Plain Pocket
- Square Pocket
- Round Pocket
- Hexagonal Pocket
- Hemmed Pocket
- Flap Pocket
Other types of pocket are-
- Kangaroo Pocket
- Harmonium Pocket
- Cargo Pocket
- Side Pocket
- Welt Pocket
So, that’s all about the pocket types.
Collar is a basic part of a shirt. Collar is a part of a shirt, dress, coat or blouse. It fastens around the neck. It placed on the top portion of the shirt. Collar is attached with the collar band by stitching. Various types of stitch are done for doing this job. Collar of t-shirt, polo-shirt or woven fabrics shirt is not same. They are different in shape, design and style. Fashion designers are trying to add different variation in the collar style.
Types of Collar: Types of collar and their uses are given below.
- 1 pcs. Collar: This is used for knit wear like t-shirt or polo-shirt.
- 2 pcs. Collar: This is used for woven wear.
- Multi pcs. Collar: This type of collar is used for sportswear or coat.
Styles of Collar: Style of a apparel is the man’s own choice. It depends on the person’s interest. Followings are the basic style of collar.
- High Point Collar
- Round Collar / Band Collar
- Stand Up Collar
- Flat Collar
So, make your bespoke garment or ready to wear garment by applying the above collar style.