Acrylic fiber is one of the most used fibers to make textile wear. It is generally used for produce suitable sweater because it is like wool. But the product which is produced by acrylic that is not as comfortable as the natural wool wear.
Physical Properties of Acrylic: Acrylic fiber has some physical properties. Here, I have given some physical properties of acrylic.
- Tenacity: 2 – 4.2 gm/den
- Density: 1.16 gm/c.c
- Elongation at break: 20 to 55%
- Elasticity: Good
- Moisture Regain (MR%): 1 – 2.5%
- Resiliency: Good
- Melting point: 2300C
- Ability to protest friction: Good
- Color: White or grey white
- Light reflection ability: Good
- Ability to protest heat: It can protest up to 1500C temperature.
- Lusture: Bright to light
Chemical Properties of Acrylic: Chemical properties of acrylic fibers are given below.
- Acids: Acrylic has enough ability against acidic action.
- Basic: Strong alkali damages the fiber.
- Effect of bleaching: It is safe to bleach acrylic fiber.
- Organic solvent: Organic solvents do not cause harm to the acrylic fiber.
- Protection ability against mildew: Excellent
- Protection ability against insects: Insect does not affect acrylic fiber.
- Dyes: Acid dyes and Basic dyes are suitable to dye acrylic fiber.
Acrylic fibers are widely used in textile industry. So, we have to know lots of about acrylic fiber.