In yarn dyeing process; soft winding section is the first section. In soft winding section; Yarns are transferred from paper cone to plastic tube or spring tube for facilities the dyeing process. It is one type of re winding process. During re winding different problems could be occur due to the lack of awareness of the respective personnel which can be harmful for the coloration process. Following problems are the most common problems occurred in soft winding section.
Problems in Soft Winding Section: Following problems are generally found in soft winding section.
- Lot Mixing: Sometimes lot mixing is occurred in this section. Due to these problem different problems is appearing in dyeing section. Shade of the yarn package varied from one package to others. Also shade varies in the same package.
- Count Mixing : Count mixing is another problem in this section. Sometimes different count yarn package mixed with one another, which produced shade variation in yarn package.
- Density: Density of yarn package is one of the important factors. Density problem is occurred due to wrong setting of tension, angle of winding, overfeed speed etc. Due to this problem shade variation is occurred package to package.
- Hardness and Softness: hardness and softness is another problem, sometimes package become hard or very soft due to wrong tension and overfeed speed. Hard package is harmful for dyeing because it does not permit liquor or dye solution to penetrate uniformly through the package. Very soft package make shade variation.
- Cleaning Device: Cleaning device is used to collect fly or dust, which is with the yarn. If dust does not clean then it increase the tension and package become hard.
- Yarn Breakage: Yarn breakage is another problem. This problem happens due to low strength of yarn or high tension of winding machine. For this reason production of winding section is hampered.
- Electrical Problem: It needs to maintain uniform supply of electricity. Due to this problem, flyer become stop but supporting roller moves and yarn wind to tube as line because traversing is stopped.
- Wrong Program Setting: Wrong program setting is another problem. Tension, angle, overfeed speed should be adjusted to the count of yarn.
- Winding Fault: Yarn should be feed according to the yarn path; otherwise winding will not be accurate.
- Lack of spring/Plastic Tube: Spring/Plastic tube should be available, otherwise production efficiency will decrease.
- Cleanliness problem: Cleaning device should keep clean; otherwise it will be jam by dust which increases the hardness of the package.
- Manpower: Manpower is essential. Lack of manpower decreases the production efficiency.
- Health problem: If dust or fly enter into nose or mouth then it creates breath and other physical problem.
Solving way of this problem:
- Lot should not mix with one another. Numbering should be in every package. Operator should be careful during winding.
- Different count yarn should keep separately.
- Tension of each lot package should be uniform and accurate.
- Cleaning device should keep clean.
- Different winding parameter which is standard for different count should set properly.
- Density of each lot package should be uniform and it needs to monitor the process. Density test should work out for each lot package.
- Better quality yarn should use, it increases the winding efficiency.
- Operator, helper and others, who enter in winding section, should put musk.
So, we should be careful about the problems which are created in the soft winding section. Also we should take steps for solving these problems.