Slitting is a process that is applied for cutting the tubular fabric through the intended break Wales line on lengthwise direction prior to stenter processing. During slitting, it is required to be aware about the cutting line otherwise, fabric faults can be occurred there.
Objectives of Slitting: Following objectives are achieved by the slitting machine.
- To open tube fabric according to specific needle mark.
- To prepare the fabric for next stentering process.
Slitter Machine parts and their functions: Following are the main machine parts and their functions.
- Rotary Blade: Rotary blade is used for cutting the fabric through break Wales line.
- Ring: Ring is use to help the cutting process.
- Guide Roller: After slitting, plaiting of the fabric is done. Guide roller guides the fabric to plaiting.
- Plaiting: Open fabric is make plait by plaiting.
- Sensor: Sensor is used for identify the specific Wales line. It makes sense for cutting through break Wales’s line.
Checking Parameters: Following parameters are checked after slitting.
- Cutting Line Check: Fabric cutting line is checked by the operator of the slitting machine. Operator checks that the rotary blade cut fabric through break Wales’s line or not.
- Bow and Slant check: Bow and slant is checked in the delivery side of the machine by the operator.
- Fabric Faults: Various fabric faults also checked in slitting process.
Different branded slitter machine is available in the market. So, choose your required one and perform your slitting operation.