Ramie is a vegetable cellulosic fiber. Ramie is called as china-grass. The demand of the ramie fibers are increasing day by day. These ramie fibers are used with the different fibers for blending. This blended fibers properties are well. Here, I have written about the properties of ramie fibers. Also, one should know the advantage and disadvantage of ramie fiber.
Properties of Ramie Fibers: The properties of ramie fibers are given below:
- Ramie is a cellulosic natural fiber.
- It is one of the strongest fiber then others.
- It gives better result when it wet.
- It is a durable fiber.
- It has strong ability to hold shape, reduce wrinkle.
- Its luster is fine and silky and it creates good appearance in fabric.
- It’s processing is as like linen fiber.
- Its durability is high.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ramie Fibers: In the below, I have written about advantages and disadvantages of ramie fibers.
Advantages of Ramie Fibers:
- Ramie fiber is used for blending with other fibers.
- It resists the attack of bacteria, mildew and other insects.
- Its absorbency properties are extremely high.
- Dyeing could be done easily.
- In wet condition, strength of ramie fibers is increased.
- During laundering, it withstands with water temperature.
- Its luster appearance improves with washing.
- It strongly holds its shape and does not shrink.
- Bleaching could be done with ramie fiber and cloth.
- Ramie fiber use for blending with other fibers.
Disadvantages of Ramie Fibers:
- Elastic properties of ramie fiber are low.
- It has lack resiliency.
- It is hardy than other fibers.
- It has low abrasion resistance.
- It wrinkles easily.
- It is stiff and brittle.
So, that’s all about the properties of ramie fibers. By knowing the advantage and disadvantages of ramie fiber one can get the knowledge of the ramie fibers.