Stitching is the process of joining different parts of fabric in apparel manufacturing. Chain stitching is involved with class 100 by the British Standard 3870 and ISO 4915: 1991. Chain stitching is done by chain stitch sewing machine.
Properties of Chain Stitch: Chain stitch has some features. Followings are the properties of chain stitch.
- In chain stitching; same thread is used to interconnect each loop.
- Stitch can be easily unpicked from the last to the first.
- Chain stitching is generally used for temporary stitching.
- The appearance of face and back are different in apparel.
Application of Chain Stitch in Apparel Manufacturing: Chain stitch is used for temporary stitching. Followings are the application scope of chain stitch. They are –
- Chain stitching is done for pocket opening.
- It is used for temporary stitching, i.e. basting.
- Chain stitching can be used in any where depending on buyer’s requirement.
So, chain stitch is a simple form of stitching.