Price quotation is very important for the both buyer and seller. The understanding between the seller and buyer should be fine. When a seller gives a quotation he or she should be careful. The quotation letter should contain all the information which is required for understanding all the points of dealing. The price is fixed by analyzing all the cost seen and unseen in a process. The price fixation should be fine.
In garment pricing, the merchandiser will be well known about the process sequence of apparel. In the other hand, in jute section, the merchandiser should know about the price of jute materials, process cost, over head cost, maintenance cost, carrying cost and other cost which is required for exporting jute goods in domestic or abroad. Main fact is that, a well knowledge person can give price quotation which is suitable with the present situation.
Contents of Price Quotation: Quotation is the letter of dealings. In a quotation followings points should be contain. They are-
- Type of quotation.
- Quality of the products offered for sale.
- Total quantity of the products offered for sale.
- Sale price of unit products.
- Total sum of price of the products.
- Payment types like cash or credit, cash discount, cash discount and other allowances.
- Duties details.
- Shipment date, time and place.
- Packing, labeling and insurance details.
- Error and omission expected (E and O.E).
- List of destination of the documents copy.
So, lots of points should be maintained in the price quotation. One can give additional information in the quotation it depends on the buyer requirement.
To get best buyer the seller should send the best possible quotation. On depends on the quotation, the will place an order because it is the basis on which the interested buyer decides whether to buy or not.
At last, the price quotation of products should be courteous, clear and concise.