Presser foot is an important sewing machine component. It is used for controlling the movement of materials during sewing. We know, sewing is done by the stitching of needle which is completed with the assistance of feed dog and throat plate. During the sewing operation it needs to keep the fabric under control that is done by the presser foot.
Description of Presser Foot: The mechanical description of presser foot is given below.
- In the sewing machine; presser foot is attached to the presser foot bar.
- Presser foot are two types, they are – single presser foot and double presser foot.
- Fabric guides or folders may be used with the presser foot for special purposes.
Basic Functions of Presser Foot: Presser foot is used for some basic needs. Here are they –
- Presser foot has an adjustable spring loaded pressure by which it holds the materials.
- Presser foot keeps the material under control during sewing.
- It helps the operator for regular seaming, piping edges, tape binding etc.
Different sewing machine manufacturer make the sewing components which is available in the market. So, if any component of the sewing machine parts destroys you can buy one from the nearest shop. During buy, you have to be careful about the adjustment of the machine parts with that’s specific machine.