Color fastness to light is an off line quality assurance system. Generally man wears the fabric and goes outside of the home for doing their job. In day; sun light fall on the fabric surface. So it needs to know how much protection ability have a fabric to sun light. It is determined by an experiment called color fastness to light.
To measure the color fastness a blue scale is used. After completing the test, sample is compared with the blue scale. Here, I have given a light fastness measurement system by Microsol light fastness tester.
Measure the fastness to light with the Microsol light fastness tester: The testing is done step by step. Following step is maintained during measure the color fatness to light.
- Cut the four pieces of test specimens according to the length & width wise and attached with the specimen holder.
- Then the holder set in to the Microsol light fastness tester.
- Then the experiment continued at 72 hours according to the buyer’s requirement.
- After 72 hours later the specimen taken from the light fastness tester
- Then the test specimen compare with the Blue scale or computer color matching system (CCMS).
So, we should measure the light fastness.