Human resource (HR) is an important department in an organization, especially for a production related industry where workers are involved. Human resource is responsible to ensure the rights of an officer and worker in an industry. The goodwill of an industry depends on the performance of human resource department. Compliance of an industry is controlled by human resource department. A HR manager is responsible for HR department. HR manager should have enough knowledge about human resource management.
Polices Of Human Resource Department in an Industry: In an industry, human resource department plays an important roll to make polices. Following policies are applied in an industry to manage the human resource.
- Company philosophy: Company philosophy is appearing by the human resource department. HR publishes the company philosophy toward the public. By this one can get general knowledge about the company.
- Work schedules: HR fixed the work schedules for the stuff and workers who involved with the company.
- Employment procedures: HR also makes procedures for the employment.
- Dress code policies: HR department ensures the dress code. Specific work related stuff and workers will wear specific dress during working period.
- Attendance and leave policies: Attendance and leave policies are maintained by the human resource department.
- Pay and compensation policies: HR publishes pay and compensation policies for its officers, stuff and workers.
- Insurance programs for employees: HR ensures insurance policies for its employees.
- Employee benefits policies: HR also gives employee benefits policies.
- Vacation policies: Vacation is maintained by the HR department.
- Work policies and regulations: In a company, officers, stuff and workers follow the work policies and regulations which are maintained by the HR department. HR can take action against the human resource if he or she breaks the rules and regulations.
- Safety policies: It is the great responsibility of a company owner to ensure the safety of a worker. HR department should strictly maintained safety policies.
- Drug free work place: Drug is harm full for the human body. HR department is responsible to ensure drug free work place for the workers.
- Transportation and expenses policies: HR should make policies for the employee for transportation and expenses.
There are lots of policies which should ensure a HR department in a company.