Superimposed seam is the class 1 seam according to British standard 3870; 1991.
Features of Superimposed Seam: The features of superimposed seam are given below.
- One fabric is uniformly placed on another fabric and then stitching done.
- Used in side seam for shirt and pant making.
- Chain stitch and lock stitch is used.
- Over edge chain stitch is used for shirt side seam combindly.
- Lock stitch is used for trouser side seam individually.
So, superimposed seam is use full for apparel making.