Features of Matt Weave: Features of matt weaves are given below.
- Matt weave is heavier than a square fabric made from the same yarn, but thickness will be same.
- The matt weave cloth has a greater resistance to tearing. Partly, because it has more threads per inch, but chiefly because the threads are in pairs.
- Matt weaves tend to give smooth surface and more flexible fabrics than plain weave.
Matt rib is classified into four categories. They are-
- Regular Matt
- Irregular Matt
- Stitched Matt
- Fancy Matt
Here, I like to present the features of above Matt weave.
Features Of Regular Matt Weave:
- Warp and weft are shown in the form of small equal sized squares or rectangles.
- In this weave, warp and weft show themselves equally on the surface of both sides of the cloth.
Features Of Irregular Matt Weave:
- This weave produces unequal spaces in the cloth.
Features Of Stitched Matt Weave:
- Stitch is used in this weave to avoid looseness of yarn in the fabric.
Features Of Fancy Matt Weave:
- Usually, it is produced by combining matt, warp and weft ribs.
So, that’s all about the features of matt weave and its derivatives.