Stitching is done for attaching objects to the fabric or joining various fabric parts through the sewing machine. Stitching is done by the help of sewing threads and needle. In this stitching process another sewing components also help for proper stitching.
Hand stitching is generally done by hand but in the modern times, hand stitching is done by the hand stitching sewing machine. According to British Standard 3870 and ISO 4915:1991, hand stitch is classified as Class 200.
Features of Hand Stitch: Followings are the features of hand stitch.
- Hand stitch is passed completely from one side to the other.
- Hand stitch is originally made by hand but now can be formed by sewing machine.
- The appearance of face and back are same.
Uses of Hand Stitch in Garment Manufacturing: Hand stitch is popular to the common people who like to sew different parts of fabric none commercially. In the village side of many countries; people used needle and threads for sewing. Anyhow, followings are the using scope of hand stitch.
- Hand stitch is used for decorative purposes.
- It is specially used in collar, pocket, front placket, shoulder etc.