Divided draft and combined draft are two important drafting systems. This two drafting system is not so used as straight, skip, point, broken, grouped or curved draft. Here, I have given the features of divided and combined draft.
Features of Divided Draft: The features of divided draft are given below:
- Shafts are divided into two or more groups.
- A suitable type of draft is chosen for each group.
- Divided drafts are employed for Divided weaves, Double warp weaves, and Two Ply weaves, Pile weaves and some others.
Features of Combined Draft: Combined draft has some characteristics, which is given below.
- When two or more drafts are combined in one draft for producing a certain type of fabric, then it is known as Combined Draft.
- Combined draft is a complicated draft.
- It can be chosen if there are some technological or economical reasons.
- For doing this design a designer should have great knowledge about the drafting plan.
That’s all about the characteristics of grouped draft and combined draft.