Fabric spreding is the part of apparel manufacturing process. Fabric spreading is done after marker making. Spreading of fabric can be defined as the smooth laying out of the fabric of specific length and width. The marker is laid on the top most layer of the fabric. Cutting operation is done after completing fabric spreading. Cutting performance depends on fabric spreading.
Requirements Of Fabric Spreading: Followings are the requirements of fabric spreading. They are-
- Alignment of Plies: During spreading, all plies must be spread according to the marker dimension ( length and width wise).
- Correct Ply Tension: During spreading, plies must be spread at uniform tension.
- Correct Ply Direction: During spreading, all plies must be spread at same direction and from one end of the table.
- Fabric must be flat: During spreading, all plies must be spread in flat form. That is, fabric must be fold free or wrinkle free.
- Elimination of Static Electricity: During spreading, synthetic fabrics earthing arrangement required in the fabric table to avoid static electricity.
- Elimination of Fusion of Plies: During spreading, synthetic fabrics need to be spread anti – fusion paper between the plies ( normally for every 30 – 40 plies need one anti fusion paper), to reduce the fusion between fabrics and knives.
- Elimination of Distortion of Plies: For fabric spreading, table surface should be flat or laminated.
- Check and Stripe must be matched: During spreading check and stripe fabrics, stripe line or checked line should be kept at uniform distance from one end of fabric.
So, when you will perform this fabric spreading job, you have to be aware about the above fabric spreading points.