Wet processing methods are included with Dyeing, Printing and Finishing process. A grey end product is not desired to anyone who likes to use an attractive and comfortable product, for this reasons raw materials are treated in different stage of manufacturing to make it suitable. If we want so we should treated that’s raw materials by wet processing method. Dyeing is the first steps of wet processing method. Dyeing is also called coloration process. Anyhow, dyeing is an important process. So we must know about this process clearly.
Dyeing is a distribution process in which the dye or pigment is distributed at least two phase’s system i.e., the dye/pigment bath or solution and the textile material. In this process dyeing is done in a dye bath. Dye bath contains a solution of dyes, chemicals and other auxiliaries. Dyes or pigments are the main coloring materials in dyeing process. There are various types of dyes and pigments which are used for coloring textile materials.
Dyeing is generally done for fiber, yarn and fabric. Textile materials could be natural or man-made. Depending on types of textile materials dyes, chemicals and dyeing process varies. During dyeing of textile materials a bonding is made between fiber and textile materials. After dyeing, dyes fixed with the textile materials. Performance of a textile materials depend on dyeing performance. If we want to pass different quality test of textile materials then we need to give deep concern on dyeing process.
Dyeing process is accelerated by the following:
- Textile materials: Textile materials are the main element of dyeing process. Before starting dyeing process we need to know the types of raw materials. Generally dyeing is done on fibre, yarn and fabric. Depending on types of raw materials dyeing process varies. Highly knowledge expert is need for better dyeing efficiency.
- Dyes/Pigments: Dyes/Pigments are the main coloring materials for coloring raw textile materials. Different types of dyes are used for different types of textile materials. Dyes are varies depending on their chemical structures. Different types of dye manufacturing companies supply different types of dyes. So before use this dye one should know the properties of dyes.
- Chemicals and auxiliaries: After selecting dyes one should select chemicals which are suitable for which dyes. Different types of chemicals and auxiliaries are used during dyeing. It helps dyes to make a better solution.
- Machineries for pre-treatment: Before dyeing raw textile materials need to pre-treat. Because dyeing performance depends on better pre-treatment. Different types of gummy materials exist with raw materials. So we should select machineries which are suitable for pre-treatment of raw materials.
- Dyeing Machineries: After pre-treatment of raw materials it becomes ready for dyeing. Different types of dyeing machine are available for different types of textile materials.
- Utilities: In these sector utilities means water, gas, elecricicy or others. Huge amount of water is need for dyeing. So water plays a vital role in dyeing process. Water pH is an important factor in dyeing process. So we should be careful about it. Gas or electricity is must for running dyeing process.
After dyeing one will get a dyed materials then one should send it for after-treatment. Where neutralization and washing is done. During after treatment different parameter is maintained.
Dyeing is a huge sector. If one wants to do something better in this sector, he/she should be more efficient. Theorical and practical knowledge should be combined. One should be concern about the types of fiber, yarn or fabric. Their chemical structure and for fabric its fabric structure.
At last, after completing dyeing one will get an attractive and comfortable end product which is easy to use.