De-Watering machine plays an important role in finishing section of the knit fabrics. De-watering machine is used for reducing remaining water of the wet fabric. It reduces the water content of the fabric.
De-Watering Machine Parts and Their Functions: De-watering machine has different parts and every single part has specific functions. Followings are de-watering machine parts name with their functions.
- Spreader: When fabric is dye in a dyeing machine it found in rope form. After dyeing, when dyed fabric is put in basket it also remains in rope position. By spreader we can open fabric from the rope position. It can be spread and compressed in width direction by its hydraulic cylinder.
- Hand Wheel: It is a manual process. It is used for guide the spreader.
- Turn Tube: Fabric rotation is controlled by turn tube. It also helps in fabric feeding to the spreader.
- Squeezing Roller: It is the main part of the de-watering machine. Water of the wet fabric is squeezed by the squeezing roller.
- Guide Wheel: Guide wheel helps to feed the fabric into the squeezing roller.
- Security Shield: Security shield is an emergency switch settled with a plastic board very near to the padder. When it is close to the padder it is on and when it is pulled back then it is off. In case a big knot is going to pass the padder then it immediately pulls back the board to stop the machine. It is an automatic system to ensure the security of the padder. It helps to avoid any types of incidence.
- Air Injection Switch: It pushes air into fabric to turn it to ballooning form. It helps to turn the rope form fabric into open form.
- Photocell: Photocell is an auto sensor which control air injection.
During de-watering process, softener is applying to the knit fabric. Also, various types of chemicals can be applied on the fabric by this de-watering machine. It is important to maintain uniform tension during operation otherwise GSM of the can be vary in different parts of the fabric.
I think it is important to know about the different parts of a de-watering machine. It also helps a textile engineer to be clear about a de-watering machine and its purpose of use.