Characteristics Of Grouped Draft: The characteristics of grouped draft are given below.
- Check and stripe designs are produced by grouped draft.
- The repeat of draft is determined by the number of stripes and the number of threads in each stripe.
- The number of shaft in the draft depends on the number of stripes and warp repeat of weave of each repeat.
Characteristics Of Curved Draft: The characteristics of curved draft are given below.
- Curved draft is applied for Fancy weaves having a large warp repeat.
- It is used to reduce the number of heald shafts in a repeat.
- Curved drafts are irregular and cannot be classified.
- The maximum number of shafts equals the number of threads in warp repeat with different order of interlacing.
So, that’s all about grouped draft and curved draft.