Cellulose Acetate Rayon fiber is produced by mixing various chemical complex with the cellulose. Cellulose acetate is softer than viscose rayon. It is noted that, acetate rayon is soft among all of the textile fiber. But it is smooth and suitable to produce hygienic fabric. Cellulose acetate rayon is a thermoplastic fiber. It is cheaper than other fiber. For this reason It is used with others fibers to produce yarn. The fabric which is produced by this fiber that is not so durable.
Physical Properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon: Acetate rayon is a soft fiber and it has not enough elasticity as other manmade fiber. Anyhow, followings are the physical properties of cellulose acetate rayon.
- Tenacity: 0.9 – 1.4 gm/den
- Density: 1.32 gm/c.c
- Elongation at break: Very good
- Elasticity: Not so good
- Moisture Regain (MR%): 6.0%
- Resiliency: Not good
- Melting point: 2300C
- Ability to protest friction: Moderate
- Color: White or color less
- Light reflection ability: It can protect up to 2750F temperature.
- Lusture: light to bright
Chemical Properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon: Various types of chemical properties of Cellulose Acetate Rayon fiber are given below:
- Acids: It becomes soluble when immerged in acetic acid solution. Strong acids are harmful for this fiber.
- Basic: Strong alkali damages the cellulose acetate fiber greatly. It also slightly damaged by weak alkalis.
- Effect of bleaching: It damaged by strong oxidizing agents. But it has enough protection ability against weak oxidizing and reducing agents.
- Organic solvent: It soluble in acetone. Dry cleaning agent does not affect the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Protection ability against mildew: Mildew does not damage the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Protection ability against insects: Insects do not cause harm to the cellulose acetate rayon.
- Dyes: Special types of dyes are required.
Although, cellulose acetate rayon is not popular as other manmade fiber but it has a great future if we want to reduce the price of the products.
So, try to use the cellulose acetate rayon with other fibers.