Sewing is done by the needle. Sewing operation is by hand sewing other is done by the help of machine. In the modern times, sewing machine is used for sew the different parts of a product. During sewing the needle passed through the fabric and connected two or more parts by producing loops between this two. Different sewing techniques are used for sew the fabric.
Sewing Needle Selection: It is very important to select the right needle for the right operation. If the needle size does not match with the fabric character and the sewing threads then it may cause the sewing quality and make huge loss. So it is required to concern about the needle size. Needle size is expressed in metric size it is denoted by Nm. Needle size is expressed by measuring the diameter of the blade. Say, if the diameter of the blade is 0.7m the needle size will be 70Nm. So, one can buy the needle by using this system.
Important Points for Selection of Sewing Needle: Different points are required to consider during needle selection. They are-
- For the finer fabric, needle and sewing thread should be finer.
- If the needle is finer than sewing thread then the thread cannot move easily through the needle.
- If the sewing thread is courser than needle then it will generate more friction. This will generate heat. For this reason, thread breakage will be increased and it will hamper the production rate.
- For we use finer needle than sewing thread then the sewing thread will not take position perfectly at the needle long groove.
- In the other hand. If the thread is finer than the needle then it may cause slipped stitch at the needle. The needle will fail to create perfect size of loops.
- Now, if the needle is finer than required fabric then sewing needle will deflect and become curve with the action of throat plate. It is unexpected to a production officer.
From the above point, it is clear that; needle should be matched with the fabric and sewing thread. Perfect combination of fabric, needle and sewing thread can give fault free sewing. So, be careful during needle selection for the sewing operation.
Payment is the major points in business dealings. The payment is done between the seller and the buyer. This payment is done in various ways. I have written about the quotation and price fixation methods of products. All of the dealings become success by a payment. When a manufacturer gets his or her payment he or she becomes very happy. He becomes interested to deal more with that’s buyer.
In the modern age, most of the payment is done in online banking system. So, it becomes easy to get the payment within a short time. When a seller deals with a domestic or foreign buyer he or she should maintain a clear dealing methods. Different payment terms are used for these dealings.
Payments types: Business man follows some payment methods during dealings. They are-
- Spot Cash: If the buyer gives the payment during goods receiving then this dealing is called spot cash. Cash is given in hand to hand.
- Prompt Cash: If the buyer gives the payment within short time after sending goods challan.
- Net Cash: If the payment fixed after reducing commission and other expenses then it is called net cash. It is the actual cost of the goods.
- Cash With Order (C.W.O): If the buyer sends money during goods order then it is called cash with order. Buyer gives order with money.
- Cash on Delivery: If the buyer gives payment during goods receiving then it is called cash on delivery.
- Deferred payment: Sometimes buyer gives payment at a time or with some installment after receiving the goods that is called deferred payment system. Most the dealing is done in this process.
- Bill of Lading: In this bill all the information about the goods are enlisted.
So, there are lots of payment systems of business. The payment status depends on the size of payment. During payment, seller should give the vat and other excise duty of that’s country. It is need to take clearance of that’s country.
So, take decision by which method you will complete your deal. Always give thanks after receive the payment.
Hello my dear merchandiser. Hope all of you doing well in your work place. Garment costing is very common to all of you. All of you know about the procedure by which one can calculate the cost of manufacturing goods. You can give quotation for a product which is also important for a merchandiser. Here, I like to share my experience to you. I think that could be very helpful for the fresh merchandiser and experienced merchandiser who have practical experience in this field.
Garment Costing: Garment is the fashion of the world. Now days, men take the apparel as a fashion. Different types of apparel are manufactured by the manufacturer. Garment costing is done by considering all the cost regarding to manufacturing the garment. Costing is the process to estimate the total cost of apparel manufacturing. A merchandiser fixed the price of the garment by considering from the raw materials cost to final product cost. Costing also consider the quotation process and profit of the products. By doing all of that’s task the merchandiser fixed the price of the garments.
Major Considering Points before Garment Costing: Garment costing is very easy task if anyone has enough knowledge about all the process stage of manufacturing. Here, I have mentioned some major points which should consider before garment costing. They are-
- Fabrication: Manufacturer is the seller of the products. The manufacturer makes the products as the willing of the buyer. Before taking an order the merchandiser should confirm about the fabrication of the products. The merchandiser should confirm the strong source of fabric supply.
- Fabric Color: Merchandiser should confirm about the fabric color. How many colors and style will be? What is the color ratio of the total quantity?
- Size Specification: Buyer will confirm about the size of the garment. They will give the sample which is approved for bulk production. Merchandiser will confirm the PO sheet which is considered before garment costing.
- Quantity: Merchandiser will confirm about the approximate quantity before garment costing.
- Shipment Date: Merchandiser will fix the shipment date by discussing with the buyer.
- Test Requirement: Merchandiser will confirm that the product shall test or not.
- Inspection: Most of the buyer inspects the product before taking the delivery. Merchandiser will confirm the inspection process whether it inspect directly by the buyer or third party. If third party inspect the products then who will pay the charges.
- L/C Payment Terms: Merchandiser will follow all the terms and conditions of L/C.
- GSP: GSP is another important term before garment costing.
So, there are lots of points which must considered by a merchandiser before garment costing. This costing could be in a buying house or in the export department of a garment manufacturing unit.