Bangladesh handloom board (BHB) is a government organization of Bangladesh. This board is a part of the Ministry of Textile and Jute. BHB takes different steps for the development of handloom weavers.
Vision of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- To develop and sustain the handloom weaving industry by using developed technology.
- To extend the handloom weaving industry with development the status of handloom weavers through all over the country.
- To establish stronger handloom weaving industry.
Mission of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- To give service to the handloom weaver by country’s field related officials.
- To united the handloom weavers by establishing different group.
- Training program is arranged for increasing the production capacity, efficiency and quality of the products.
- To finance the handloom weavers by microcredit program.
- To provide special facility for Jamdhani and Benaroshi weavers.
- To extend marketing facility of handloom weavers product through country and all over the world.
Functions of Bangladesh Handloom Board:
- To facilities survey for counting handloom of the country and preserve the records.
- To give service and develop the handloom industry.
- Making microcredit facilities for the handloom weavers.
- To provide essential instruments and raw materials for the handloom weavers.
- Handloom board also give warehouse facility for the handloom weavers.
- Advertising is done by BHB for the extension of the products of handloom weavers.
- Marketing is also done by BHB for handloom products.
- Handloom weavers are trained up by different training program.
- Different steps are taken by handloom board for the development of handloom weavers.
In Bangladesh, handloom products are attractive to the peoples of Bangladesh. Most of the general people use the products of handloom. Day by day, the range of handloom products are extended.