Manager plays the principle in the management. The manager manages the whole process from his position. If the manager fall down then the whole system will be hampered. So, manager should know his role in the process of management. A knowledge based management can grow rapidly then the unskilled management.
Principles of a quality manager: Here, I maintain some principle of a quality manager. They are-
- Customer focus: Manager will consider the demands of a consumer. Whit he or she wants to get from the market. On depending on the demands of the customer, manager will set up his plan for serving his or her customer. If the manager can not realize the needs of the customer then it will be hard to survive in the market.
- Leadership: Manager will lead his team from the front. He will give instruction to his team member.
- Involvement of people: Manager will involve the people in the process.
- Process approach: Process approach shout be in time. This will give desired result.
- System approach: checking the all stages of production process.
- Continual improvement: Manager will continue the process improvement.
- Factual approach to decision making: Manager will take effective decisions on the data analysis & information.
Edwards Deming– (1950) formulated attentions for managers for increasing their quality that include key concepts such as:
- Break down barriers between departments.
- Managers should learn their responsibilities, and take on leadership.
- Supervision should be to help people and machines and gadgets to a better job.
- Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service.
- Institute a vigorous program of education and self improvement.
Improving Techniques to Be a Quality Manager: Finally a quality manager should maintain four main components:
- Quality planning.
- Quality control.
- Quality assurance, &
- Quality improvement
Techniques of improvement: Manager will change the process for the good results. Manager will give the lead. Manager will get success when he or she can involve people with the process. Quality manager will follow the quality standards and improvement.
So, quality manager will study for getting more knowledge about the present position of the product in the market. Rapid analysis can give good results.
Quality is the combination of some special word which is desirable for every successful manager. A quality manager is essential for developing the industrial condition. Quality manager consider the possible position of man, machine and material which is available in an industry. A quality manager tries to manage all the materials or instrument which is involved with the production process. Quality manager do the right things in the first time.
Approach Of A Quality Manager: A quality manager has to approach with the following points. They are-
- Time Management (JIT): Quality manager is aware about the time management. He schedules to complete the work in time.
- Stress Management: A quality manager has ability to manage stress.
- Self Management (Motivation): Quality manager can mange himself.
- Change Management: Quality manager will change the structure of the management for influencing the work efficiency.
- Knowledge Management (TQM Tools.): A quality manager has knowledge about total quality management.
- Total Quality Approach: A manager approach with total quality management.
- Culture Management: Manager maintains culture management.
- Problem Solving: Manager always tries to solve the problem.
- Leadership Management: A quality manager has ability to lead the whole group in a good manner.
- Attitude Management: A quality manager has good attitude. Among all approach Attitude is the top. Because it can make everything 100%
Calculation for checking that: We can calculate the word by sum the all word. Where value is A to Z = 1 to 26
LUCK: 12+21+3+11 = 47%
LOVE: 12+15+22+5 = 54%
MONEY: 13+15+14+5+25 = 72%
KNOWLEDGE: 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
LEADERSHIP: 12+5+1+4+5+18+19+8+9+16 = 97%
HARD WORK: 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
ATTITUDE: 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%
So, every problem has a solution, only if we perhaps change our attitude. Attitude is everything. Attitude can give better result of a work. We should change our attitude for getting the goal.
Management is the modern techniques for getting quality in the rules of the employees of the organization. Father of the Modern Management is Henri Fayol. Getting things done through others people- working together in group in an efficient manner is called management.
Characteristics of Manager: All are we manager here generally, who manages something, he is a manager. All managers are officers. If we describe OFFICER shortly, we shall know about the characteristics of a manager. They are-
O = Obedient
F = Faithful
F = Friendly
I = Industrious
C = Confident, courageous & conscious.
E = Efficient
R = Responsible & Respectable
We are discussing on quality Manager. To be a quality manager we should follow Advance Management policy. And it is related with PODCC. PODCC means as follow:
P = Planning
O = Organizing
D = Directing
C = Coordinating
C = Controlling
Planning: Planning must be SMART. A manager should plan his work in a manner which is easy to reach the goal. The planner should give the answer of the question which is started by What, How, When, Why. Now we should know the meaning of SMART. They are-
S = Specific
M = Measurable
A = Achievable
R = Realistic
T = Time Bound
For Smart Planning we should follow/evaluate SWOT.
S = Strength
W = Weakness
O = Opportunity
T = Threat
Organizing: Manager will organize all the materials for achieve the goal.
Directing: Manager will direct for work frame. He is Influencing (checking & re-plan). He always motivates for success.
Coordinating: Manager drives for revised plan.
Controlling: Manager should have control all over the process. He should maintain co ordination through the entire department related with the production process. Manager will analyze the present situation and evaluation & plan for further process.
So, manager is the important part of management. A quality manager can give good results for an industry.