Lockstitch is the mostly used stitch type in apparel manufacturing. Lockstitch has a neat appearance. It is a reversible, strong and secure stitch type. It is also used for decorative purpose. In sewing, lockstitch plays an important role.
Members Of The Lockstitch Family: Class 300: Lockstitch can be classified as the following way. They are –
- Type 301: Lockstitch
- Type 304: Lockstitch (Single Zig Zag)
- Type 308: Lockstitch (Double Step Zig Zag)
- Type 309: Lockstitch (2 Needle-1 Bobbin Thread Lockstitch)
Applications Of Lockstitch Type: Lockstitch sewing machine is used for forming lockstitch. The applications of lockstitch type are given below.
- Lockstitch Type 304 and Type 308 are specially used for BRA (Underwear).
- Lockstitch Type 302 is used to produce all kinds of apparel; it is a universal stitch type. In most of the cases this stitch type is used.
- Lockstitch Type 309 is used for decorative purpose.
Various types of sewing machines are used for forming entire lockstitch type. So, buy your desired sewing machine to produce specific stitch.
Basalt fiber and microfiber are the most important fiber for technical textile manufacturing. In the modern times, various types of high performance textiles are made from this fiber.
Properties of Basalt Fiber: Basalt fiber is a high performance inorganic textile fiber. Followings are the characteristics of basalt fiber.
- Basalt fiber has high tensile strength.
- It has better elongation properties.
- It has high tearing strength.
- Mostly, it has better physic mechanical properties than glass fiber.
- It is cheaper than glass fiber.
Uses of Basalt Fiber: The basalt fiber is used in the following area.
- Basalt fiber can be used as composite materials.
- It is used as tripods.
Properties of Micro Fiber: Micro fiber is an ultra fine fiber. Followings are the characteristics of micro fiber.
- The count of micro fiber is less than 1 denier.
- Nylon, Polyester, Acrylic can be used for made this micro fiber.
Uses of Micro Fiber: Various types of wants a fulfill by using microfiber. They are-
- Micro fiber can be used for making water proof fabric or clothing.
- This fiber is used as fire proof fabric.
- It is used in windy seasons as well as cold season.
Besides these two fibers, I want to mention carbon fiber which is mostly used in technical textile manufacturing. Carbon fiber or graphite fiber is a material consisting of extremely thin fibers (0.005 – 0.010mm) in diameter and composed mostly of carbon atoms.
So, when we will do work with technical textile manufacturing, we should take in mind this properties of technical textile fiber.
Hi-tech textile fibers are mostly re generated with high physical and chemical properties. We know about various natural and manmade fibers which are used in conventional textile manufacturing. In the modern times, technical textiles are made from the various types of hi-tech textile fiber. That’s technical fibers are made from synthetic fiber by the modification process. In this regards, I can give an example of technical fiber which is used for making an aircraft. The aircraft is known as “Dream liner” Premier of the Boeing 787, started in July 7, 2007. This aircraft is achieved through breaking application of carbon fiber technology. That was the most advanced passenger aircraft ever, quieter, pressenger friendly and environmental friendly.
Top Technical Fibers for Technical Textiles: Technical fibers are used for manufacturing technical yarn. Fibers which are used for technical textile manufacturing are listed below.
- Conventional fibers like cotton are used for technical textile manufacturing.
- Regenerated fibers, synthetic fibers like Viscose Rayon, Polyester, and Nylon.
- High strength and high modulus organic fibers like Carbon fiber.
- High chemical and combustion resistant organic fiber like cotton fiber.
- High performance inorganic fibers like Glass fiber, Basalt fiber.
- Ultra fine and novelty fibers like Micro fiber.
I have written about the application area of technical textiles in our modern life in one of my previous articles. So, technical fiber has a great importance in technical textile manufacturing process.